Like the championship-winning 8IGHT platform on which it is based, the big 5IVE-B buggy has been engineered for one thing – winning races. No mere RTR conversion, it is a purpose-designed racing kit that you equip with the engine and electronics of your choice.
Purpose-Built Racing Chassis
Unlike most so-called 1/5-scale racing buggies, this one comes with a chassis specifically engineered for competition. Inspired by the legendary TLR 8IGHT platform, it is machined from hard-anodized, 5mm 6061-T6 aluminium and features a shorter wheel base for better handling. It also has milled pockets that save weight and allow enough flex for maximum traction under hard acceleration.
Heavy Duty Brakes
Stamped-steel rotors, combined with the heavy duty plates and pads, provide a sense of confidence and control that let racers drive harder into the turns and come to a stop more quickly. Front-to-rear braking bias can also be fine-tuned for evolving track conditions.
Dual-Steering-Servo Radio Tray
The radio tray can accommodate the most powerful 1/5-scale servos available. The Spektrum(tm) line of 1/5-scale servos (sold separately) are great choices. Their patent-pending Back EMF technology prevents servo fade and maintains maximum holding power for the duration of a receiver pack.
Racing Body and Wing
The cab-forward body and wing are inspired by those used on 1/8-scale racing buggies. The distinctive shape of the body moves aerodynamic pressure further forward on the car, which improves steering at speed. The wing has a removable wicker bill for adjusting rear downforce.
Aluminium Clutch Carrier and Centre Diff Case
Harnessing the power of a high-output gas engine during an hour long main requires a race-bred drive system engineered to exacting standards. The 5IVE-B buggy has one. Both the clutch carrier and centre-differential case are made of CNC machined aluminium that adds strength and durability as well as dissipates heat.
Hard-Anodized Aluminium Shocks and Shock Towers
The hard anodized, 24mm shocks include bleeder caps that make them easier to build without sacrificing performance. The shocks also benefit from X-rings, shock boots and TiCN shock shafts for smooth, consistent performance. The shock towers offer multiple shock mounting options that give racers an abundance of tuning options for different track conditions.
One-Piece Glue-Style Wheels
The low rotational mass of these wheels allow the buggy to accelerate faster with less stress on drivetrain components.
Air Filter Designed Specifically for the 5IVE-B Buggy
Whatever 25-32cc engine you choose, the included air filter has been designed to let it breathe deep so your 5IVE-B buggy gets the monster horsepower it was built for.
The boots help keep grease in and dirt out so your axles last longer and require less maintenance.
Adjustable Toe and Anti-Squat Plates
These provide even more ways to tune the traction and overall performance of the chassis.
Spark Plug Protector
Designed for the rigors of competitive off-road racing, this protector will prevent spark plug damage from rollovers and other impacts.
Engine Brace/Mesh Plate
The engine brace/mesh plate keeps gears in proper alignment under all conditions.
- Type: 1/5 Scale 4WD Buggy
- Length: 831.8 - 844.5mm (32.75 - 33.25 in) Depending on Wing Spacer Used
- Width: 457.2mm (18.0 in)
- Height: 308mm (12.13 in)
- Ground Clearance: 88.9 mm (3.5 in)
- Wheelbase: 577.9mm (22.75 in)
- Weight: 13.8kg (30.5 lbs)
- Chassis: 5mm Plate, 6061-T6 Aluminium
- Suspension: 4-Wheel Independent
- Gear Pitch: 1.5 Module
- Wheel Size: 139.7mm (5.5 in) x 63.5mm (2.5 in)
- Kit/RTR: Kit
- Shock Type: 24mm, Hard Anodized, Oil Filled with Bleeder Caps
- Engine Size: 25cc to 32cc Petrol (not included)
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Differential: Sealed Bevel Gear
- Pinion: 20T
- Spur Gear: 58T
- Gear Pitch: MOD 1.5
- Internal Gear Ratio: 3.3:1
- Final Drive Ratio: 9.59:1
- Body: Clear Cab Forward
- Ball Bearings: Full Rubber Seal Ball Bearings in Car, Metal Shield for Clutch housing
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 800cc (27.1 oz)
- Experience Level: All-Terrain
- Environment: Outdoor
- Assembly Time: 7-9 Hours
- Hard-anodized, 5mm 6061-T6 aluminium chassis plate
- Fully adjustable heavy duty brakes
- Dual-steering-servo radio tray
- Aluminium clutch carrier and centre-diff case
- Hard-anodized, 24mm aluminium shocks with bleeder caps
- Hard-anodized aluminium shock towers with multiple mounting holes
- Light, one-piece, glue-style wheels
- Specially designed air filter for racing engines
- Protective axle boots
- Adjustable toe and anti-squat plates
- Racing wing with removable wicker bill
- Cab-forward racing body
- Radio tray with wire channel and rear-mount power switch
- Ball-bearing ackerman plate with nutted screws
- Light weight dogbones for reduced rotating mass
- Engine mounted spark plug protector
- Receiver battery steel heat shield
Needed to Complete:
- Assembly Tools
- 2-Channel Radio and Receiver
- Engine and Exhaust
- Petrol and oil
- 2 x Steering Servos and a Throttle Servo
- Battery Pack
- Polycarbonate Paint
Please note this is a kit build and requires full essembly. Engine/Exhaust are not included.