Back country airstrips, remote mountain lakes, alpine glider ports - wherever adventure requires wings, chances are the Piper Super Cub is there. Since 1949 its rugged construction, impressive payload and marvelous short-field performance have made it a mainstay for bush pilots. Even now, over half a century later, it remains the plane of choice for many who follow the road less traveled.
This beautiful, ¼-scale Plug-N-Play® version of the Super Cub has been expertly modeled in stunning detail. Almost every line and curve mirrors the real thing, right down to the shape of the fillet where the fuselage meets the vertical stab. Every control surface, including the flaps, features a metal-gear Spektrum™ digital servo so that setup is easy. The included Evolution® 33GX gas engine is ready to bolt into place with the provided in-cowl exhaust so you get reliability that offers power to spare.
All you need to provide are the batteries, receiver and transmitter to enjoy great flight performance. Like the full-scale version, this model has functional flaps that give it amazing short-field takeoff and landing abilities. It also possesses the same easy-going flight characteristics, but will eagerly perform sport aerobatics, even when using the optional Hangar 9 floats.
The ¼-Scale PA-18 Super Cub PNP is part of the complete line of top-quality Hangar 9® aircraft and accessories. All are engineered and crafted to exacting standards and feature the finest components and materials. Plus, every Hangar 9 product comes with the after-sale service and technical support you need to succeed.
FOLDING WING STRUTS The accurately modeled wing struts fold up against the wing when disconnected for easy transport. Quick-connect strut pins are used so that no tools are needed for field assembly.
SCALE LANDING GEAR WITH WORKING SUSPENSION This working recreation of the o-ring bungee landing gear used on the full-scale Super Cub will soak up bumps during ground operations just like the real thing.
FUNCTIONAL FLAPS The functional flaps allow you to enjoy the same short-field takeoff and landing performance that full-scale Super Cub pilots do.
PAINTED FIBERGLASS COWL AND ALUMINUM SPINNER Both the incredibly detailed cowl and scale-looking aluminum spinner come painted like you see here.
WORKING, SPLIT-FOLD COCKPIT DOOR The magnetically secured cockpit door can be left open during flight, just like on the full-scale version. Through the lower cockpit door, the factory installed radio and ignition switches can be easily reached.
BUILT-IN MOUNTS FOR OPTIONAL FLOAT KIT Hard points for mounting the Hangar 9 ¼-scale Cub float kit (sold separately) are already built into the fuselage.
OPTIONAL FULL-DEPTH COCKPIT Your Super Cub will really stand out on the ramp when you add the optional full-depth cockpit (sold separately).
OPTIONAL LED LIGHTS The models wing and fuselage have been designed to make it easy to route the wiring for LED lights (sold separately). Clear light covers are also included.
Hangar 9 PA-18 Super Cub 1:4 Scale - PNP Features:
- Includes an Evolution® 33GX gas engine with muffler
- Spektrum™ digital aircraft servos installed
- Top quality balsa/light plywood construction
- Genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote® film covering
- Functional flaps
- Folding wing struts for easy transport
- Full-body pilot figure
- Functional cockpit door
- Realistic Super Cub wheels
- Functional, bungee-type suspension on main gear
- Scale, painted aluminum spinner
- Painted fiberglass cowl with molded panel lines
- Realistic instrument panel
- All hardware included
- Float ready (Hangar 9 ¼-scale Cub float kit-sold separately)
1/4 Scale PA-18 Super Cub PNP Specifications:
- Airfoil Shape: Semi Symetrical
- CG (Center of Gravity): 4-4.75 in (102-121mm) back from the leading edge at wing root
- Engine Size: Evolution 33GX
- Experience Level: Intermediate
- Flaps: Yes
- Flying Weight: 16.6-18.5 lb (7.5-8.4 kg)
- Fuel Type: Gas
- Is Assembly Required: Yes
- Material: Balsa
- Overall Length: 68 in (173 cm)
- Plane Type: Scale Civilian
- Power Plant Size: 1.6-2.4 2-Cycle Gas
- Prop Size: 17x8
- Radio: 7+ channel radio system
- Recommended Battery: 2700mAh 6.0V HiMH
- Recommended Environment: Outdoor
- Servos: Installed
- Spinner Size: 2.5-in (64mm)
- Trim Scheme Colors: White, Deep Blue
- Wing Area: 1630 sq. in. (150 sq. dm.)
- Wing Loading: 23.0-26.0 oz, sq. ft.
- Wingspan: 106 in (269 cm)