Hangar 9 is proud to present another addition to its superb lineup of warbirds with their latest model, the P-47D-1 Thunderbolt Razorback 60 ARF.
The model is based on a P-47D-1 “Miss Plainfield” as flown by Capt. Steve N.Pisanos ('The Greek') from Plainfield, New Jersey who joined 334th FS 4th FG, 8th AF, USAAF having first gained combat experience with 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF.
The P-47 features a scale outline and a wealth of scale features such as scale tyres and wheels, scale spinner nut, scale like flat finish covering with printed panel lines, hatches, rivets and fully operational flaps that add to the overall air of realism that this model possesses.
Designed to use E-flite electric retracts, the P-47’s scale looks can be further personalised/enhanced by using one of the various decal options. With its wide spaced main landing gear and steerable tail wheel this model has great ground handling capabilities for a WW2 airplane, and in the air it delivers the type of performance and smooth handling that makes warbird flying so enjoyable.
For added convenience, the P-47D-1 Razorback may be powered by a small petrol engine, a conventional glow engine or an electric motor and whichever version you choose there are no unnecessary modifications to make to the model and mounts for all three versions are included in the kit.
Hangar9’s illustrated assembly guide and hardware pack make assembly enjoyable, quick and easy and the model can be ready in a surprisingly short amount of time.
When it comes to warbird flying, nothing flies quite as well as a P-47!
- Superb scale outline and detail including matter finish with panel lines, rivts and hatch markings
- Many scale detail accessories including moulded dummy radial engine detail, scale-looking wheels and tyres and shaped spinner included
- Includes pre-painted fibreglass cowl
- Features two-piece plug-in wing design for easy transport and assembly
- Desgined to accept small petrol, glow or electric power with no modifications
- Operational flaps for scale take off and landings
- Printed covering with panel lines and several decal options
- Internal control linkages are used where possible to help preserve the scale outline
Electric Motor Size:Suitable for Power 60 (EFLM4060B) not included
Engine Size:Suitable for .61 - .91 2-stroke, 1.00-1.25 4-stroke or 15cc Petrol Engine (Not included)
Kit / Ready-Built:ARF
Length:1470mm (58.0 inch)
Prop Range:12 - 16inch prop depending on engine/motor selection
Recommended Battery:6S 22.2V 5000mAH LiPo battery recommended for Electric Power (EFLB50006S30 or similar - not included)
Servo(s) included:None - 7 stnadard size servos required for Petrol or Glow-powered flight (6 for electric flight)
Weight:4.7-5.2kg (10.3 - 11.5lb)
Wingspan:1710mm (67.0 inch)