The NYA CZ P2 Prometheus BNF Basic
From his performance of the world’s smallest loop to being the only air show pilot to combine aerobatics with motocross by flying his P2 Prometheus under a jumping motorcycle, Skip Stewart brings dare-devil creativity to precision aerobatics. Coined “High-Octane Aerobatics," Skip’s performances offer an appetizing menu of stunts that blanket the horizon with mind-blowing agility at an energy level that packs airshows around the globe with cheering fans.
The E-flite Carbon-Z P2 Prometheus aircraft is for aerobatic pilots who want precision in an unlimited biplane with unique character. Based on the custom built P2 Prometheus airplane flown by Skip Stewart, Mike McConville adapted the unique design as a model with performance that’s as inspirational as Skip’s original. Exclusive Carbon-Z technology allows a healthy sized model such as this to be rigid like a conventional all-wood airframe, yet lightweight so it can have a larger performance envelope than any other biplane in its class. Durable Z-Foam material used in construction means that any bumps along the way are simple to repair. The Carbon-Z P2 Prometheus looks the part too with flame-laden graphics and control surfaces large enough to handle bold moves such as the Skip’s signature high-alpha knife edge passes. Engineered to fly great from the start, the Bind-N-Fly version of this hot rod features built-in and expertly tuned AS3X technology which makes flying an extreme aerobatic thriller such as this even more satisfying.
The Famous P2 Prometheus
Air show performances by Skip Stewart in his P2 Prometheus are enjoyed by aviation fans around the globe. The Carbon-Z P2 Prometheus biplane is capable of performing Skip’s signature moves with power spare and the kind of control authority that’s a pilot’s dream.
The BNF Basic version of the Carbon-Z P2 Prometheus biplane features the advanced AS3X (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) system. Built into the Spektrum 6-channel AR636A receiver, AS3X technology is what helps give this extreme aerobatic hot rod an incredibly solid feel in the air. It works behind the scenes to help counter the effects of wind and turbulence by combining multi-axis sensing with specially tuned flight control software. As a result, the P2 Prometheus is a more enjoyable experience because your workload to fly smoothly is significantly reduced.
Mike McConville Design
World-class aerobatic pilot, Mike McConville, worked closely with the full-size P2 design and adapted the unique biplane flown by Skip Stewart to deliver the perfect balance of performance, optimal power and strength.
Exclusive Carbon-Z technology features composite construction that allows major components like the wing to be chambered, significantly reducing weight while increasing rigidity to comparable all-wood construction.
The installed Spektrum 6-channel DSMX receiver of the BNF Basic P2 Prometheus version features AS3X technology that’s been programmed to give the feeling of expertly tuned flight, right out of the box.
Under the sleek cowl is a powerful 50-size brushless power system that features a high-torque 525Kv motor, a 70-amp brushless ESC and 15x5.5 propeller for the authority to hover and accelerate vertically.
With the 4400mAh 6S 22.2V Li-Po battery you provide, expect extreme performance for high-alpha knife edge flight, vicious tumbles, Harrier moves and hover-power that provides unlimited vertical.
Each plug-in wing features carbon-fiber wing tube support that secures with a single screw. The aileron linkages simply snap into place and concealed through-pins quickly connect the I-struts into molded pockets.
- Easy to complete final assembly
- Skip Stewart Airshows officially licensed adaptation
- Highly-tuned airframe for extreme aerobatics by Mike McConville
- Rigid Carbon-Z construction delivers a strong yet lightweight airframe
- AS3X technology enhances precision for a rock-solid feel
- Powerful 50-size brushless motor
- High-voltage 70A brushless speed control
- Spektrum 6-channel AR636A DSMX receiver
- Durable Spektrum metal-gear mini servos
- Accepts a 4400mAh 6S 22.2V Li-Po battery (sold separately)
- High-strength aluminum landing gear with matching finish
- Large control surfaces with double-beveled hinge lines
- Tool-free I-strut installation for fast field assembly
- Wingspan: 48.0 in (1219mm)
- Overall Length: 49.3 in (1252mm)
- Wing Area: 840 sq. in. (54.2 sq. dm)
- Flying Weight: 7.0 lb (3.2 kg)
- Motor Size: BL50, 525Kv brushless outrunner
- Servos: (4) 25-gram mini metal-gear servos
- Prop Size: 15 x 5.5, 2-blade
- Speed Control : 70-amp brushless ESC
- Recommended Battery: 4400mAh 6S 22.2V 30C
- Approx. Flying Duration: 4 to 5 minutes (approx.)
- Scale: 20%-Scale
- Experience Level: Advanced
- Recommended Environment: Outdoor
- Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Needed To Complete:
Full-range 6+ channel transmitter w/ Spektrum DSM2/DSMX technology
4400mAh 6S 22.2V 30C Li-Po flight battery
Compatible battery charger